Writing

Children are taught writing through their daily Literacy lessons and also through the provision in EYFS and KS1. We teach writing through  a key text and aim to deliver the curriculum in creative and engaging ways that excite and inspire children to write.

With the new National Curriculum, children’s expectations for writing have increased. Levels for writing, reading and maths have also been changed to meet the new curriculum. Children will be assessed and levelled as being Below, Working At and Secure within their year group curriculum, with the expectation being that they are Secure by the end of the school year.

As a parent/carer it important to encourage your child to always produce writing of a high standard that is age appropriate. You might also like to create opportunities for writing E.g. writing a recount of an experience, writing instructions for a game they have played, writing a diary  of their day/holiday.

KS1 – Supporting my child with writing 

supporting my child with writing front coversupporting my child with writingThe importance of reading for writingThe importance of speaking and listening for writingWhat am I learning to do in Year 1.What am I learning to do in Year 2